FBFP 2018 Official Electric Elite Invitational Rules
Clear-cut, straightforward rules make for good clean fishing with no room for disgruntlements at weigh-in. Just go out and have fun, be ethical and friendly. BUT KNOW THE RULES, AS THEY WILL BE ADHERED TO !!!!!!!!!!!
1. Participation is open to any anglers licensed in the State of Ohio who are 18 years of age or older and has agreed to waiver liability to all sponsoring agencies and parties by signing a release and indemnification agreement. You must be accompanied or approved by a parent/guardian if under age. Annual entry fees and one time $80 team memberships must be paid by 4//08 in order to receive FULL SEASON DISCOUNT of $200. See rule #4 for single event entry info. Previous 17’ EEI teams receive priority status in the capped field up to 3/1/18 by payment of current season team memberships ($80), full season discount entry dates remain applicable. ENTRIES- PARTIAL ENTRIES or Member fees will NOT be returned for any reasons once paid.
2. Only artificial baits, including pork and artificial bio-products are permitted for use. Trolling and drifting is permitted.
3. All fishing must be done from a boat. All boats must meet local, state and federal laws and regulations. Coast guard approved vests/preservers are to be on board and ready for use. Any participant/team cited during tournament hours for any violations will be DISQUALIFIED. ****Ohio Administrative Code CHANGE to all Akron City Reservoirs 3/1/14: Gas outboards are PERMITTED on Mogadore and LaDue, no size restrictions on watercraft. Any EXTERNAL gas tanks to be removed.
EEI participants are NEVER to engage, for any amount of time, for any reason, gas engines.
4. New teams may solidify a guaranteed 18’ season position by paying in full an annual TEAM MEBRSHIP FEE ($80) starting 2/1/18 TEAMS MAY RECEIVE DISCOUNT AT ANY TIME PRIOR TO MEETING 30 TEAMS & PD IN FULL BY 4/08/18. Single event Invitational entries are accepted starting 4/01 up to the 30 paid team capped field per Invitational at $150 per entry. Annual team memberships are required for individual Invitational entries. EEI OPENS require no membership fees and a reduced entry of $85 per team. OPEN events are not included in full season payments. OPEN event entries are served on a first paid basis up to 30 teams outside of the 2018 qualifying Elite Invitational series. OPEN event entries are accepted at anytime.
***** FULL SEASON ENTRANTS CAN SAVE $200!!! *****
FULL SEASON DISCOUNT REMAINS APPLICABLE AT ANY TIME (TOTAL DUE $550) UP TO 4/08
ANY BALANCES DUE BY 4/08 MUST BE PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO START OF i1 ON 4/08
5. A “team” consists of at least one, but no more than two people in a single boat. If a team divides after the first event, only one person may continue to acquire points for that team, the highest point standing AVAILABLE will be used to continue calculations. The other partner must start at zero points. Alternates are permitted at any time - $20 per alternate for the season.
6. All boats must be equipped with an aeration system whether a livewell or large cooler with a spray bar aerator. Tournament officials will inspect all live wells at time of boat registration. The use of ice, chemical water treatments and frequent water changes is strongly encouraged. ABSOLUTELY NO STRINGED, CAGED, MANGLED OR DEAD FISH WILL BE ACCEPTED. Any dead fish brought to scales for weight will result in DISQUALIFICATION. A dead fish is determined by tournament officials only, based on any one of the following present at bump tank –1) glossed or dulled eyes 2) no gill movement. If the fish is questionable, the contestant will be asked to take the fish to water. After a period of resuscitation, the fish must then be able to remain in an upright position, on it’s own, without sinking or floating to one side during an official’s count to ten. Bringing fish to scales in poor condition is frowned upon.
7. A “creel” will consist of a 5 fish limit of any largemouth, smallmouth, or spotted BASS that is 12” or longer or prevailing lake regulations. If more than 5 fish are provided to official for weight, the team is disqualified. Fish must be culled immediately after a limit has been met.
8. One courtesy measurement is permitted if asked for prior to placing fish in tub. There is a 1lb. penalty for each fish brought to scales under regulation, outside of courtesy fish. All questionable fish will be measured on a precision rule, mouth closed, base of the tail moved up and down, and given every reasonable chance to measure. All fish brought to scales for weight will be handled only by event officials and immediately released alive.
9. Fishing is permitted anywhere within the Reservoir and connecting waters accessible by boat. Any areas marked or buoyed as “no boat” areas are considered off limits. Additional “off limit” areas may be established as verbally identified at morning announcements. Participants may not leave their boats to land fish or for any reason during competition hours, other than urgent restroom breaks or weather emergencies. On the water morning announcements for each venue will clarify each event specifics of permitted fishing.
10. Boats are never to be within “touching distance” of each other. The illegal practice of "hole sitting" by another competitor or non-competitors boat is prohibited as well. PLEASE exhibit sportsmanlike and courteous positioning when fishing similar areas. Simple communication between boats can often resolve on the water issues. Positive communication is expected to have occurred prior to any formal protest. The use of any profanity during angling communications is grounds for DQ.
11. All participants must be registered with boats in water no later than 10 minutes prior to stated start time. Boats arriving after the initial takeoff may not participate in event. There is an official “off limits” of event waters for the 8 hours preceding the start time. Any event is subject to delays, cancellations and rescheduling.
12. All boats are to be docked on land or trailer and participants must remain within the boathouse/ramp area upon the stated closing time of the event until the teams' fish are weighed. A "chip of life" with your designated team number will be provided to each team during morning registration. The chip of life is to be placed by a team member in the designated location before the closing time of the event. No further fishing is permitted once the chip is surrendered. Lost, forgotten or untimely placed chips will result in DQ.
13.*NEW RULE CHANGE 2017* Only one casting or spinning rod may be in use for the purpose of catching fish, per individual. All bass must be caught in a live sporting manner with rod and reel. During competition days, contestants may not place brush or other physical fish attractors, including "baitcloud"/chum of any kind, in tournament waters.
15. Please be made aware the event director and team will fish all the events, identified outside of payout calculations as teams “a”-“b”-“c”-“d”. Another participant will be asked to verify their catch. The director will remove any authority to decide a protest involving himself or team, and let a majority vote of remaining participants rule.
16. Precision digital tournament scales will be the "primary scales" used for determining weight. A "backup scale" will be calibrated with the primary scale. In the event of primary scale failure the backup scale will be used for remaining bags of fish.
17. All ties will be decided by a unanimous vote of tied teams to split winnings or otherwise by the flip of a coin. Participants must be present to accept checks or dismissed by director.
18. All protests must be made in writing within 10 minutes after “last call” for fish. Written protests will result in a binding decision being made. If the director is unable to resolve a dispute by substantiated evidence or admission by the accused, a polygraph will be required as instituted by the director. The results of that polygraph will be binding. Both the filing party and the accused must post deposit for the cost of testing. Refusal to post deposit by either party will result in a binding decision. Deposit will be returned to the party in which the polygraph found in favor of. A decision of the protest will be governed by event officials only, unless subject to rule #15. Any participant is subject to polygraph at any time by request of the director, with or without cause. All polygraphs are completed within 5 business days from time of request. The formal written protest as received and responded to, will be posted at dobass.com for public review.
19.*NEW RULE CHANGE 2017*Any team or person found to be cheating or unsportsmanlike by officials may be banned from further participation as well as disqualified from participating event. FBFP2017 reserves the right to refuse or accept any entry. A participant's use of: any other words, social media dialog, conduct or actions reflecting unfavorably upon FBFP2017's efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship, fair competition and compliance with tournament rules are subject to formal sanctioning, disbarment from future events and/or civil penalties as determined by law.
20. Any rules, interpretation of the rules, or rules not covered will be governed by event officials only and that decision will be binding.
Points & Payout Information
Invitational event points will be awarded to each team weighing fish. The points will begin with 100 for 1st top weight of each event and continue to descend in appropriate order. In the event of identical weights the highest points available will be awarded to all same weight teams, but continue to descend in appropriate fashion for the following positions (ex: 1st and 2nd tie and receive 100 points, the 3rd place team receives 98 points). There are 20 points awarded to any teams not weighing at least one bass, but participated in the event. At the end of the sixth invitational event all points will be tallied and the THREE highest teams will receive plaques for their accomplishment. Efforts to acquire product donations will be generated throughout the season. Once fully developed, all products will be distributed to the top three AOY teams.